Facts & Stats
An Extraordinary Breadth of Services
• In 2003, Holy Spirit Hospital opened the region’s newest heart center. The Ortenzio Heart Center at Holy Spirit offers state-of-the-art technology in a four-story facility located adjacent to the hospital.
• Holy Spirit Health System includes a regional outpatient network of nine family health centers, an urgent care center, an internal medicine practice, a women’s health center with two locations, a general surgery practice with two locations, a pediatrics practice, two cardiology practices with three locations, an endocrinology practice, vascular practice, general internal medicine hospitalist services, neurological hospitalist services and critical care services.
• Holy Spirit Hospital offers convenient emergency and urgent care at the John R. Dietz Emergency Center, with the latest technology and medical workspace and board-certified emergency physicians. We have a comfortable waiting area, although patients, on average, are in a bed within 7 to 9 minutes of walking through our doors.
• Located next to Holy Spirit Hospital, Spirit Urgent Care provides same-day, non-emergency, extended-hours care, seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
• Holy Spirit Hospital has a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit on-site.
• Holy Spirit Health System is a regional leader in laparoscopic surgery.
• Walk-in health care for patients who need same-day medical treatment is available at the Carlisle Family Health Center, which is located within the Holy Spirit Carlisle Center. Expert specialty services conveniently located in the same building include imaging, lab and routine EKG services, surgical services, breast care, vascular services and electrophysiology.
• Outpatient centers in Dillsburg and Duncannon offer imaging, laboratory and physical therapy services. The Holy Spirit Dillsburg Center also offers Behavioral Health Services.
• Holy Spirit operates two Sleep Centers: 3 Walnut Street, Lemoyne, and 20 Capital Drive, Harrisburg. Experienced technicians use the latest technology to assess sleep problems, such as sleep apnea and narcolepsy.
• Holy Spirit Hospital has the Holy Spirit Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center West on-site and the Holy Spirit Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center East, offering pain reduction and other quality of life improvements to individuals suffering from chronic wounds.
• Holy Spirit Health System also provides outpatient diagnostic, surgery and treatment services at regional sites that include Grandview Surgery & Laser Center, Magnetic Imaging Center and Oakwood Cancer Center.
• Our Grandview Surgery and Laser Center, one of the most advanced orthopedic surgery centers in the nation, consistently scores in the 95th percentile or higher in patient satisfaction ratings.
• Holy Spirit Health System offers Gamma Knife services through its Oakwood Cancer Center.
• Holy Spirit Health System provides home health services through Holy Spirit Home Health Care.
• West Shore EMS provides ALS, BLS, and patient transport services.
• Holy Spirit Hospital is a non-profit Harrisburg area hospital founded and operated since 1963 by the Sisters of Christian Charity.