Holy Spirit News
Browse by Date
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2010
- June 2013
"a" grade 3d and 4d ultrasound 5k run 50th anniversary a-fib a-fib support group abdominal aortic aneurysms abnormal bleeding accepting new patients adams ricci park adolescent adolescent depression advance directives advanced life support aed afib american diabetes association american heart association american heart month american stroke association amy morris and perimenopausal symptoms andreas wali andreas wali md ann bero anne butler ann hubbard aparajita das apprise arctic front associated cardiologists associated otolaryngologists of pennsylvania asthma a taste of sugar atrial fibbrillation atrial fibrillation atrial fibrillation carelinknetwork atrial fibrillation center auxiliary b babak behta back to school bacteria bariatric surgery barry sloane basic life support behavioral health behavioral health services bereavement best hospitals best places to work in pa best western premier hotel and conference center black tie black tie and tails blood pressure bls for healthcare providers body mass index bone densitometry bone density bon secours health system brandy hodgson brian truax bruce haga c. diff spores camp hill camp hill doctors camp hill urgent care capital campaign capital cardiovascular associated capital cardiovascular associates capital drive cardiac cardiac arrest cardiac catheterization cardiac health education cardiac patient support group cardiac rehab cardiac robotic surgery cardiac support cardiac support group cardiac surgeons cardica rehab cardiologist cardiologists cardiology cardiothoracic surgery cardiovascular disease cardiovascular surgical institute cardiovascular systems caring for parents carlisle carlisle center carlisle family health center carmelia edwards carotid artery stenosis carroll township catheter ablation center for women's health chaplain charles arrison chicken barbeque chicken bbq childhood depression children's games chinh pham cholesterol christopher spizzieri chronic illnesses chronic obstructive pulmonary disease citizens' hose co. 1 clinical information systems colon cancer colonoscopy community health needs assessment comprehensive pharmacy services conference construction convenient outpatient services coolant copd coping with death coronary artery disease coronary orbital atherectomy cpr crafts creighton model fertilitycare practitioner education program cruise control cryoablation ct cumberland county aging and community services cvsi cynthia swartz dance instruction dancing daniel marrow dan morrow david gatesman david lichter david man da vinci day of dance day of dance for health day of dance for your health death death of child decrease hospitalizations diabetes diabetes education diabetes services diabetic snacks diamondback 360® coronary orbital atherectomy system digital mammography dillsburg dillsburg ambulance dillsburg borough dillsburg family health center dinner and dancing diocese of harrisburg disease-specific care do dorice millar dr. behzad soleimani dr. chinh pham dr. christine mccarty dr. christoper moyer dr. david campbell dr. david man dr. delone dr. edward stevenson dr. fleming dr. james p. malone dr. john pennock dr. joseph torchia dr. michael lazar dr. michael reed dr. modi dr. peter holtz dr. safwat gassis dr. schreiber dr. scott pauly dr. torchia dr. vincent park dr. walter pae dre drug therapy duncannon family health center dunham u.s. army health clinic echocardiography education educational lecture edward brennan edward fleming edwards lifesciences ekg elderly electrophysiologist elizabeth jones ellen feidt emcare emergency medical services emergency room emergency room visits enchanted affair endocrinology endocrinology center end of life endoscopy enola essential oils evidence-based protocols facep faith-based nursing faith-based nursing ministry fall prevention family medicine fashion show fda fellow fellow of the american college of emergency physicians first hospital flower sale flu shots franklintown borough franklin township free cpr classes free education program free event free event in carlisle free health screenings free health screenings. free program free prostate cancer screening free prostate screenings free screening fundraiser fungi gala gastrointestinal get with the guidelines girls' night out glucose golf tournament gordon miller grade a for patient safety grief grieving gynecology hacc hacc school of massage therapy hai hansen medical harrisburg ymca healthamerica health and wellness healthcare associated infections health diagnostic laboratory health screenings healthy living lecture heart heart and vascular care heartcaring heart disease heart disease and diabetes heart failure heart health heart health education heart healthy heart healthy living heart problems heart rhythm disorders heartsaver heartsaver aed heart surgery heather matchik heatlh screenings heritage cardiology hershey country club high blood pressure holy spirit holy spirit atrial fibrillation center holy spirit cardiovascular institute holy spirit carlisle center holy spirit colonial park center holy spirit duncannon center holy spirit health system holy spirit hospital holy spirit hospital auxiliary holy spirit mechanicsburg center holy spirit pharmacy holy spirit progress center holy spirit women's services hospital safety score hotel carlisle hypertension imaging imaging services implantable cardiac monitoring device improving america's hospitals inc. including electrophysiology services infertility inflatables informational meetings innovation irregular heart rhythm irs j. bret delone james lightfoot jeanine annunziato john r. dietz emergency center joint commission joseph & the amazing technicolor dreamcoat joseph and the amazing technicolor dreamcoat joseph torchia julie mccauley julie messina karen ware kathleen scioli kathy scioli kathy thumma kelly eckroth kerri mateer kunkel foundation kunkel surgical group lab laboratory laboratory services lab services lap-band lariat suture delivery device leadership cumberland leapfrog group lenke erki lewin & nadar cardiology living will living wills liz jones lori wallower lucas chest compression system lunch and learn lung disorders lynn panattoni magnetic imaging magnetic imaging center magnet recognition magnet recognition program site visit mammography margaret kortze maryann brogden mary ann stetz mary kay makeover maureen asper md medical arts building medical outreach service medicare medicare beneficiaries medicare enrollment medtronic megan atticks microorganisms minimally invasive minimally invasive robot-assisted surgery miscarriage mom’s place mona lemanski monroe township most wired motivation mourning mph mri mrsa musical musical performance mycobacteria nacc national association of catholic chaplains national healthcare decision day new mothers new practice norovirus northern york county nuclear cardiology imaging nursing excellence obese obstetrical ultrasound occupational health office of resource development oip om yoga open enrollment ortenzio ortenzio heart center orthopedic institute of pennsylvania orthopedic physicians orthopedic surgeons ovarian cysts pa-c pad painful or varicose vein palliative care parish nursing pastoral care patient centered medical home patient safety patient support group patty novak paul kunkel pelvic pain penn state hershey heart and vascular institute pentagon peripheral arterial diseases peter holtz pharmacy physician liaison physicians physio-control pms pregnancy loss pregnant women primary stroke center prostate cancer psa pseudomonas pulmonary function testing quality quality of care radisson hotel rajesh dave rajesh dave md relationships religion repetitive miscarriage reveal linq insertable cardiac monitor system richard griffiths richard paczynski richard schreiber robot-assisted surgery robotics rupen modi sadia shaukat safwat gassis salvatore parascandola sandwich generation sang kim sapien scott pauly self-injury senators sensei x sentreheart severy calcified blockage share the spirit gala shopping shruthi pranesh sister margaret washington sister romaine niemeyer sleep center society of thoracic surgeons sola osundeko sondra depalma specialized heart procedure spirit 5k spirited hearts spirit girls' night out spirit of women spirit urgent care spirit urgent care center spores spsi st. francis soup kitchen st. john's church road st. patrick's community center st. patrick's parish activity center stacey solomon stanley lewin steven poffenberger stillborn stroke stroke awareness stroke care stroke treatment sue nesmith support support group surgical weight loss suzanne nesmith szeles taste of sugar tavr teeline teenline teens terry thomas theatre harrisburg the birthplace the joint commission the ortenzio heart center the ortenzio heart center at holy spirit the whitaker center for science and the arts thomas butler tia tongue base cancer top performer transitioning back to school transoral robotic surgery travel clinic travel services trevor broadbent type 2 type 2 diabetes u.s. news & world report ucpa ultrasound urgent care urologists urology urology of central pa urology of central pennsylvania uvc light vascular vascular associates vascular laboratory studies vascular ultrasound vendors venkatesh nadar vice president vincent park viruses vre walk walk-in care warrington township washington townships wegman's weight loss wellsville borough west shore country club west shore ems whitaker center women women's event women's surgery women and heart disease x-ray xenex xenon yellow fever center zero project
More information about the proposed strategic affiliation between Holy Spirit Health System and Geisinger Health System
More information about the proposed strategic affiliation between Holy Spirit Health System and Geisinger Health System:
Holy Spirit Health System and Geisinger Health System have signed a letter of intent to develop a strategic affiliation that would benefit their collective communities, employees and physicians. The due diligence process and execution of a final agreement is expected to take six to nine months. An affiliation between the two health systems – each recognized for its high-quality care, advanced technology, world-class physicians and operational strength – would enable us to create an even more accessible, efficient and effective healthcare system for the region.
WHY IS HOLY SPIRIT DOING THIS, AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
- Every health system will need to grow and adapt to continue to succeed in what has become a rapidly more competitive, shifting and challenging environment of changing regulations and declining reimbursements.
- The Sisters of Christian Charity and our Board of Directors are committed to having Holy Spirit Health System remain a vital healthcare partner in south central Pennsylvania. As a catholic community healthcare system, we will continue to be true to our healing mission, core values and ethical and religious directives.
- Both Holy Spirit Health System and Geisinger Health System are recognized for high-quality care, advanced technology, world-class physicians and operational strength.
- Together, we can do more to create an even more accessible, efficient and effective healthcare delivery system for the region.
- As another Pennsylvania-based, not-for-profit organization, Geisinger shares many of Holy Spirit’s core values and a common mission of excellent patient care and community service.
- Geisinger brings a proven record of similar successful ventures. It is a physician-led, integrated system, widely recognized for its innovative use of electronic health records and the development of innovative care models.
- Geisinger also offers an affiliated health insurance plan and brings nationally acclaimed, patient-centered care to complement Holy Spirit’s strong presence in the Harrisburg area, and reputation for both quality and caring.
- Geisinger is a model for healthcare of the future – cited by national leaders – and is well positioned to meet the present and future healthcare needs of the community.
- Physicians play a major role in the leadership of Geisinger, which fosters collaboration among providers across the community.
- Geisinger brings innovative solutions and the stability that enables investment in employees, technology and services, as well as extensive experience in education, research and patient-centered care.
- Geisinger annually contributes $6.1 billion to the Pennsylvania economy and has added 9,000 new jobs throughout Pennsylvania over the last decade.
- Geisinger has a history of partnering with area hospitals and providers to strengthen healthcare delivery across the state.
Many news media have covered the announcement of the signing of the letter of intent:
- “Holy Spirit says it will retain local control in affiliation with Geisinger” (9/9/13)
- “PinnacleHealth, other players in West Shore's hospital wars have little early reaction to Holy Spirit / Geisinger partnership talk” (9/9/13)
- “Holy Spirit-Geisinger affiliation: Holy Spirit gains deep pockets; Geisinger gains entry to Harrisburg-area market” (9/9/13)
- “Major hospital development: Holy Spirit and Geisinger will explore affiliation” (9/9/13)
- “Geisinger, now romancing Holy Spirit, rebounded nicely from Penn State-Hershey divorce” (9/10/13)
- “Geisinger, now romancing Holy Spirit, rebounded nicely from Penn State-Hershey divorce” (9/10/13)
- “Geisinger would export innovation, resources to Holy Spirit, but it wouldn't import patients” (9/29/13)
Central Penn Business Journal (9/9/13)
CPBJ Extra (9/12/13)
The Sentinel (9/9/13)
Daily Item (9/9/13)
Becker’s Hospital Review (9/9/13)
Modern Healthcare (9/9/13)
Advance for Nurses (9/25/13)