Holy Spirit Diabetes Services is offering “Building a Healthy Life with Diabetes” group classes for those interested in learning more about how to manage their diabetes.
The group classes will provide attendees with information and support from the educator and their peers as they learn to successfully manage their diabetes. The classes will cover:
- The basics of diabetes, blood glucose testing, and A1c
- Heart disease, lipids, and blood pressure
- The importance of exercise and physical activity
- Carbohydrate counting, label reading, and tips for eating out
- Weight management and practical ways to eat a well-balanced diet
- Diabetes medications, high/low blood glucose management, and sick days
- Care of eyes, skin, feet, and mouth
- Goal setting and achieving effective behavior changes
Classes are offered in a four-week series at two different times: Tuesdays from 4 to 6 p.m. and Fridays from 10 a.m. to noon. To register for the “Building a Healthy Life with Diabetes” group classes, please call 717-763-2466.
Classes may be covered by your insurance. Interested individuals should contact their insurance provider to see if this class is covered.
- July 29, 2014
- August 5, 2014
- August 12, 2014
- August 19, 2014
- August 26, 2014