Occupational Health: Working Toward a Healthier Workplace
The Occupational Health Program at Holy Spirit provides comprehensive services to support the medical needs of your workforce and help you achieve a healthy work environment.
We serve employers throughout central Pennsylvania.
Employers choose us as their preferred occupational health provider because:
- Our services are comprehensive. We provide everything you need to care for the health and safety of your employees.
- From preventative health screenings and physical exams to immunizations and injury treatment, we can take care of it all in one convenient location.
- Holy Spirit Health System offers an expansive network of skilled specialists and providers who work with us to deliver prompt, quality treatment.
- Quality medical attention is always available at the time of need. Immediate urgent care is provided to patients 24 hours a day at the John R. Dietz Emergency Center.
- Patient visit times are, on average, kept to a reasonable time frame of less than one hour. This information is based on a recent time study and means less work time lost and a cost savings for you.
- We can come to you. Employers appreciate the option of having a selection of our services provided on-site, saving them time and money.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and believe we can have a positive impact on the health and safety of your workforce with our occupational health efforts. Call us at 717-972-4343 for more information or to request a proposal for services.
From drug testing and pre-employment physicals to workers' compensation treatment and vaccination services, we work with you to assure the safety and well-being of your employees. In addition, we now offer immigration physicals.
Individuals applying for U.S. citizenship, seeking permanent residency or trying to obtain a green card are required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) to obtain an Immigration Medical Examination prior to the approval of their application.
The purpose of the Immigration Medical Examination is to evaluate the applicant’s health status and to determine if conditions exist that may preclude citizenship, residency or green card status. Exam results will be given to an Immigration Officer and may also be shared with other public health or cooperating medical authorities.
As required by USCIS, a designated Civil Surgeon, licensed by the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services, must perform the exam. Holy Spirit is proud to have two Civil Surgeons on staff:
Immigration Medical Examinations Include:
- Basic physical examination
- Blood work required by USCIS, including TB skin testing and reporting
- Administration of appropriate vaccines as required by USCIS
Bring to Your Appointment:
- Government-issued photo identification card (a passport is preferred, a valid driver’s license is acceptable)
- Records of prior vaccinations
To Schedule an Appointment:
- Call us at 717-972-4229
The primary purpose of a comprehensive pre-placement program is to determine whether an applicant is medically qualified to perform the essential duties of the job. Employers that institute a strong pre-placement program find increased success at finding the right person for the job and experience.
Pre-Placement Services have the following benefits:
- Reduced injuries and lost work time as a result of proper job pairing
- Discovery of pre-existing health conditions that may place the safety and/or health of the applicant or others at risk
- The establishment of a baseline of health to which future assessments can be compared
Holy Spirit pre-placement services:
- Pre-employment exams
- DOT exams for commercial drivers
- Police and corrections exams
- Fitness for duty exams
- Firefighter exams
- Medical surveillance exams
Related services include:
- Drug and alcohol screenings
- Pulmonary function testing
- Laboratory testing
- Vision screenings
- Auditory screenings
- Functional ability screenings
At Holy Spirit, we have designed our pre-placement services with the needs of varied industries in mind. Any combination of services can be selected to fit your needs and your budget. Call us at 717-972-4343 for more information or to request a proposal.
Workers’ Compensation Services
Accidents and injuries can occur at any time and nothing is more important than getting your employee quality medical attention right at the moment it is needed. Holy Spirit Occupational Health offers more than 30 years of combined experience in the medical field.
Our on-site physician is not only an expert in general preventative medicine, but is also a trained physiatrist specializing in the treatment of nerve, muscle and bone injuries that affect how an individual functions. This skill set is paralleled by few in the area and is invaluable when successfully treating work-related injuries.
As a service provider within the Holy Spirit Health System, we have access to a network of skilled and reputable specialists to provide attention to all aspects of injuries. And our affiliation with the John R. Dietz Emergency Center makes quality Holy Spirit medical attention available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Initial and follow-up workers’ compensation treatment
- X-ray, imaging and lab work
- Examination of all injury types, including emergency cases
- Post-injury accident breath alcohol testing
- Post-injury accident drug screening
- Return-to-work exams
For your convenience, we handle both walk-ins and scheduled appointments, providing prompt and professional service. Call us at 717-972-4343 for more information or to request a personal tour of our facility.
Preventative Health Services
Health promotion and wellness programs are simply positive health strategies that help to contain costs. Programs provided by Holy Spirit Health System can impact both the health of your workforce and the quality of its work.
Many of our programs can be offered at the work site, providing convenience and a significant cost savings to you.
- Annual flu shots
- Hepatitis B vaccination series
- Rabies vaccine and treatment
- Additional occupational preventative immunizations
- A comprehensive list of on-site screenings, including cholesterol, glucose and BMI
- Blood pressure screenings
- Educational programs on topics such as injury prevention and disease management
- Workstation ergonomic assessments by our ergonomic specialist
Call us at 717-972-4343 for more information or to request a proposal.
For your employees who travel or work out of the country, the Travel Health Department at Holy Spirit Health System makes international travel simple. We are a one-stop resource, making sure all travelers are well prepared, and we offer any vaccination that is required or recommended for entry into a foreign land.
A one-on-one consultation includes:
- Required and recommended immunizations based on travel itinerary
- Prescriptions and health care recommendations based on personal needs
- Important country-specific information, including consular locations/numbers, food and water safety and personal safety
- Specialized treatment as a certified Yellow Fever Center
Immunizations and vaccinations we provide:
- Chicken pox
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella
- Twinrix (Hep A/B combo)
- Yellow Fever
We pride ourselves on following the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO) guidelines to provide you with the most up-to-date, accurate travel care. Call us at 717-972-4351 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Holy Spirit Occupational HealthMedical Arts Building
890 Poplar Church Road, Suite 100
Camp Hill, PA 17011
Click here for directions.